Wednesday 26 May 2010

Self Elected Project: Communicating with Colour

Field Of Study:

I am fascinated with colour. I love how it surrounds us constantly and how there are so many different colours and shades of colours. I am interested in how colours make us feel and think and effect us, and what makes us choose our ‘favourite’ colour. I also like studying the use of colour by companies, advertising, artists, designers, fashion designers etc.

Focus:

I want to specifically look into semiotics of colour and its use as a communicator within society and even between animals and nature. I think it’s interesting how we automatically assume green is go and red is stop, what started this idea? And why?

Research Methods:

I want to carry out a lot of primary research by asking individuals about their thoughts on colour and gain whether it varies to the type of person they are, I also want to research with use of colour, by my first hand viewing and what my personal thoughts are. I want to research movements within art such as modernism and the Bauhaus and I also want to research artists such as Josef Albers, Yohannas Hitton, Barnett Newman, Paul Klee, and many more who all studied and focused a lot of their work on colour use. I want to read books and watch videos and documentaries, anything I can use to find out about colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment